Grace Health is looking for a Family Nurse Practitioner to join our growing team! This individual will have experience working within behavioral health or is interested in learning more about behavioral health. Master of Science in Nursing or doctorate in Nursing required and must have clinical specialty within patient population served. Two years of experience preferred. Please note, the Flu and COVID-19 vaccines are minimum work requirements at Grace Health.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not be all inclusive.)
1. Provides healthcare and health management for patients of all ages.
2. Provides direct patient care, case management, consultation and collaboration with other team members in the provision of health care at Grace Health within the scope of their specialty.
3. Assesses the patient’s and family’s psychosocial, emotional, physiological, and environmental needs and priorities.
4. Collaborates with nursing, medical or other staff for comprehensive interdisciplinary management of care or referral. Such collaboration includes initiating health care team conferences.
5. Assumes leadership and patient advocacy roles for coordinating and communicating patient problems and needs to appropriate health care team members.
6. Offers training and educational materials to individuals, families or groups in health prevention, promotion and maintenance.
7. Participates in the promotion of educational settings and experiences for the practice of nursing and health related fields.
8. Participates in quality improvement activities including development of standards of care and protocols, which may include literature review, development of standards of care/protocols, chart reviews, data analysis, and action plans.
9. Provides the highest quality nursing care through the utilization or conduction of research in nursing practice, standard setting, evaluation of care and outcomes, and continuing professional education.
10. Enhances professional and clinical expertise through appropriate educational activities.
11. Participates actively in efforts to enhance the role of the FNP and Grace Health in all aspects of patient, community, professional relations. (Ex: ANA, Health Policy, etc.)
12. Participates in required risk management peer review activities.
13. Conducts medical practice utilizing ancillary and pharmacy services with appropriate cost effectiveness when appropriate.
14. Participates in the recruitment, orientation and retention of all medical practitioners as indicated.
15. Ensures continuity of care by sharing in providing after hours emergency call coverage, attending medical staff and family practice department meetings.
16. Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, please refer to the policy on Job Descriptions for details that apply to every position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience: Two years of clinical nursing experience preferred
NP Education: Master of Science in Nursing and successful completion of an accredited nurse practitioner program in practice specialty.
PA Education: Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program and eligible for or currently certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.