$16+ an hour (with experience). $1,000 signing bonus!
Are you self-motivated? Do you enjoy working one-on-one with others? Join our growing team as an Optician! Our Opticians serve as the eyewear designer for our patient's - ensuring patient's expectations are exceeded in quality, comfort, fit and style. We offer competitive wages, 401k, medical, vision and dental insurance and plenty of PTO! Sign-on bonus ($500 upon hire and $500 after 6 months) and no holiday or weekends - Grace Health is where your career can begin!
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not be all inclusive.)
- Obtain necessary patient information, update data, verify information, and monitor status of patient accounts and insurance information at each visit.
- Maintain accurate electronic health record, assist with scheduling, create encounter and order glasses.
- Determine the patient’s needs by asking questions and evaluating prescriptions, and assist patients with selection of frames.
- Take accurate pupillary distance, base curve, optical centers, multi-focal measurements, etc., to ensure prescription accuracy and proper visual acuity.
- Verify product availability and identify time needed for processing to provide on time delivery.
- Maintain electronic order sheets, forms, and reports.
- Order and receive glasses through prospective labs and according to set guidelines.
- Assist with inventory, purchasing, optical supplies, re-stocking, etc. as needed.
- Verify all eyewear for accuracy of prescription requirements against the doctor’s prescription by neutralizing prescriptions, checking for prism, checking seg heights, inspecting product and documenting findings prior to delivery per outlined policy. Ensure patient comfort and insurance coverage.
- Adjust and dispense eyewear, explaining to patients the proper usage and cleaning instructions of their glasses (provide written materials for patient to take home).
- Assist with complaint resolution.
- Perform eyeglass adjustment and repairs as needed.
- Safely use and handle heat gun and heated glass beads.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks such as filing, cleaning, maintaining frame kits, replacing equipment, and other duties.
- Instruct patient on proper insertion, removal and care of contact lenses.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, please refer to the policy on Job Descriptions for details that apply to every position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the concepts of patient respect and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of how the patient’ culture, values or beliefs may affect the patient visit.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation to record patient information.
- Basic knowledge of optometric terminology.
- Ability to greet and relate to patients.
Education: High school graduate or GED
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience required
Certificate/License: American Board of Opticianry (ABO) Certification preferred