Registered Nurse Lead Job Description
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse Lead
BASIC JOB PURPOSE: Provides professional nursing care for Grace Health patients following established standards and practices.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to department clinical manager
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires exposure to communicable disease or body fluids.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to communicable diseases, body fluids, medical products and cleaning products typically used in a ambulatory care setting.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list is not all inclusive.)
- Monitors workflow and identifies workflow process improvement needs.
- Works collaboratively with Management on projects- related to workflow, staffing, etc.
- Works collaboratively as an interprofessional to provide and coordinate quality care.
- Works to resolve patient relation concerns.
- Works collaboratively as the liaison between CSS and Clinical Manager.
- Assists as a mentor and trainer to new staff.
- Assessment of patient/family’s health, pain, nutritional, psychosocial, behavioral, cultural, age specific and learning needs.
- Promotion of preventive health care
- Uses principles of learning to perform education with the patient and family.
- Advocates for the rights of the patient and family.
- Safely administers medication and treatments per standard of care.
- Refers to Resource Specialists or community resources when appropriate.
- Communicates with patients/family about the plan of care.
- Provides care using principles of telephone nursing practice.
- Anticipates needs of the provider.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of the exam room, procedure rooms, and other clinical work areas.
- Nurse visits, as needed.
- Performs CLIA waived testing.
- Participates in professional learning experiences and required committees, if applicable.
- Maintains required licensure and optional certification.
- Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, please refer to the policy on Job Descriptions for details that apply to every position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory.
- Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical equipment.
- Skill in the technical aspects of care.
- Skill in the use of technology related to patient care and the documentation of patient care.
- Ability to accurately assess the needs of the patient/family in person and over the phone.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the patient, family and coworkers.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to interpret information from multiple sources.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Experience: One year of professional nursing experience in ambulatory care preferred
Certificate/License: Current Registered Nurse license in the state of Michigan
Certification in ambulatory care nursing or other nursing specialty is desirable
Current BCLS certification
ACCOMMODATION Grace Health has the right to modify the duties and functions of the job description based on the needs of the organization.
JOB DESCRIPTION REVIEW: This job description will be reviewed and updated, if necessary, during the employee’s annual review.
FLSA: Not an exempt position