$18+ an hour (with experience)
In this position you will provides education and performs tasks related to emergency preparedness, pandemic management coordination, and assists with identifying and completing various responsibilities necessary to ensure patient safety and risk mitigation across the organization. We offer competitive wages based on experience and up to 3 weeks of PTO in the first year! Other perks include no nights or weekend work and a $500 sign on bonus!
Please note, the Flu and COVID-19 vaccines are minimum work requirements at Grace Health.
- Medical, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance
- 401K match
- 8 paid holidays
- Employee wellness program focusing on physical, mental, and financial wellness
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list is not all inclusive.)
- Collects data, prepares reports, answers correspondence and compiles statistics for administrative and regulatory purposes, as needed.
- Analyze trends and utilizes performance data to assist in identifying and creating risk management, infection prevention/control and emergency management education initiatives for staff.
- Create and maintain emergency operation plans in collaboration with the Risk Management team.
- Performs patient safety/risk related work as requested and undertakes special projects as needed.
- Commits to a focus on creating, editing, and implementing continuous development of processes and procedures. Identifies opportunities for process improvement and follows PDSA process for implementation of changes, as a means to reduce opportunities of injury to patients, staff members, and visitors within the organization.
- Coordinate and partake in the activities of the patient Discharge/Readmission Committee.
- Collaborates with Director of Clinical Safety and Risk Management to investigate, manage, and assist in developing corrective action plans following an incident report per Grace Health policy and procedure, to prevent and mitigate future occurrences.
- Coordinate and/or participate in full scale and/or tabletop emergency exercises as required by CMS, and in Incident Command activations.
- Participate in emergency preparedness activities at the city, community, county, and regional level when necessary.
- Utilize teamwork and workgroups to accomplish tasks and assessments regarding emergency management related activities (such as facilitating SET committee).
- Professionally represent Grace Health in community partnership meetings and at coordinated community events based on community voiced needs.
- Assist with submitting annual Federal Torts Claim Act deeming/redeeming application.
- Responsible for staff communications related to recalls of medications and medical equipment.
- Maintain compliance with rules and regulations defined by CDC, MDHHS, OSHA and MIOSHA; stay current on updates. Educate staff as appropriate.
- Promote culture of safety and safe work environment throughout the organization.
- COVID-19 and Flu Vaccine
- High school Diploma or GED required. Relevant college degree of active certification, or license in healthcare preferred.
- Minimum of two years working experience in a healthcare setting. Preferred one or more additional years’ experience in a clinical setting, such as an EMT, MA, CNA, etc. Additional experience in education, quality, safety, healthcare administration or risk management is of benefit.