Seeking experienced Registered Nurses to join our team. These individuals will provide professional nursing care for our patients in various departments.
8-hour and 10-hour shifts available, with no weekend or holiday shifts!
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list is not all inclusive.)
- Assessment of patient/family’s health, pain, nutritional, psychosocial, behavioral, cultural, age specific and learning needs.
- Promotion of preventive health care
- Uses principles of learning to perform education with the patient and family.
- Advocates for the rights of the patient and family.
- Safely administers medication and treatments per standard of care.
- Referral to Healthcare Advocates or community resources when appropriate.
- Communicates with patients/family about the plan of care.
- Provides care using principles of telephone nursing practice.
- Anticipates needs of the provider
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of the exam room, procedure rooms, and other clinical work areas.
- Nurse visits, as needed.
- Performs CLIA waived testing.
- Participates in professional learning experiences and required committees, if applicable.
- Maintains required licensure and optional certification.
- Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, please refer to the policy on Job Descriptions for details that apply to every position
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory.
- Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical equipment.
- Skill in the technical aspects of care.
- Skill in the use of technology related to patient care and the documentation of patient care.
- Ability to accurately assess the needs of the patient/family in person and over the phone.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the patient, family and coworkers.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to interpret information from multiple sources.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Experience: One year of professional nursing experience in ambulatory care preferred
Certificate/License: Current Registered Nurse license in the state of Michigan, Certification in ambulatory care nursing or other nursing specialty is desirable, Current BCLS certification