Grace Health is looking for a dedicated team-member to provide preventive, educational and therapeutic dental hygiene services to all dental patients.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list is not all inclusive.)
- Provides preventive, educational and therapeutic dental hygiene services to all dental patients of Grace Health, under the general supervision of a dentist and consistent with Michigan’s Dental Practice Act.
- Seats and dismisses patients.
- Assists with maintenance, cleaning, set-up and sterilization of equipment and supplies when possible.
- Assists with inventory and ordering of supplies.
- Assists dentist as needed.
- Maintains current and accurate dental records for each patient.
- Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, please refer to the policy on Job Descriptions for details that apply to every position.
- Participates in OSHA compliance and monitoring
- Practices universal precautions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and operatory procedures.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to maintain a safe work environment.
- Skill in performing a variety of treatments and procedures as allowed by statute.
- Skill in maintaining dental records.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining working relationships with patients, dental staff and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to read, understand and respond to detailed oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
Education: High school diploma or GED. Graduation from an accredited school of dental hygiene
Experience: One year of experience, preferably in a dental office setting
Licensure: Licensed as a Registered Dental Hygienist
Certification: Certification in local anesthesia and nitrous oxide preferred, Current BCLS certification