Grace Health is searching for an individual to perform emergency management coordination and point of care COIVD testing following established standards and practices.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list is not all inclusive.)
- Obtains accurate patient data.
- Documents in the medical record.
- Tracks and maintains spreadsheets.
- Provides educational materials to patient/family.
- Provides explanation of lab results, diagnostic testing results and provider orders to patient/family.
- Create and maintain emergency operations plans in collaboration with the Risk Management team.
- Coordinate full scale and tabletop emergency exercises as required by CMS.
- Complete and maintain after action reports as needed.
- Educates staff about emergency management objectives and strategies.
- Assists in identifying educational needs of staff.
- Performs related work as required and undertakes special projects as needed.
- Participates in emergency preparedness activities in the community and at the city, county and regional level.
- Lead and/or participate in Incident Command activations.
- Work with community partners to organize COVID point of care (POC) testing.
- Participate and lead committees related to emergency management.
- Performs CLIA waived testing for COVID testing.
- General office duties, as assigned.
- Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, please refer to the policy on Job Descriptions for details that apply to every position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of ambulatory patient care.
- Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical equipment commonly used in ambulatory care.
- Skill in the technical aspects of care.
- Skill in the use of technology related to patient care and documentation of patient care.
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively with the patient, family, community members, and coworkers.
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve.
Education: Minimum of High school diploma or GED
Experience: Preferred one year of work experience in a medical office setting as an EMT, nurse aide, medical assistant, patient care assistant
Certification: Current BCLS certification