Are you a team player looking for a fast-paced work environment? We want you to join our dental department as a Dental Assistant!
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list is not all inclusive.)
- Prepares treatment rooms
- Seats and dismisses patients
- Assists with operative procedure and exams with the dentist
- Prepares dental materials
- Prepares for and performs sterilization procedures
- Prepares tray set-ups
- Assists with maintenance and cleaning of dental equipment and supplies
- Exposes and appropriately labels radiographs utilizing digital software
- Assists with checking the inventory and ordering of supplies
- Maintains efficient patient flow
- Assists in patient instruction as directed
- Participates in OSHA compliance and monitoring
- Practices universal precautions
- Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, please refer to the policy on Job Descriptions for details that apply to every position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and operatory procedures.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to maintain a safe work environment.
- Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and procedures.
- Skill in maintaining records.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining working relationships with patients, dental staff, and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to read, understand and respond to detailed oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: One year of experience in the medical field preferred
Certification: Certification as dental assistant preferred; Radiology certification preferred