We are searching for a Certified Medical Assistant to administer immunizations following established Grace Health standards and practices.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list is not all inclusive.)
- Obtains accurate patient data.
- Documents in the medical record and MCIR when necessary.
- Administers immunization(s).
- Ensures proper storage and handling techniques for vaccines and administration of immunizations.
- Prepares exam rooms and procedure rooms as necessary.
- Assists Clinical Support, rooming patients, take incoming calls and clinical calls as necessary.
- Provides educational materials to patient/family.
- Provides explanation of lab results, diagnostic testing results and provider orders to patient/family.
- Assists with cleaning and stocking of exam rooms and suites.
- Performs CLIA waived testing.
- Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, please refer to the policy on Job Descriptions for details that apply to every position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of ambulatory patient care.
- Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical equipment commonly used in ambulatory care.
- Skill in the technical aspects of care.
- Skill in the use of technology related to patient care and documentation of patient care.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the patient, family and coworkers.
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve.
Education: Minimum of High school diploma or GED, Graduation from an accredited medical assisting program
Experience: Minimum two years of work experience in a medical office setting
Certification: Certification as medical assistant, Current BCLS certification