This position is temporary and expected to last approximately 3 months.
The goal is to migrate paper records into electronic format for retention purposes.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not be all inclusive.)
- Scans, indexes and electronically distributes medical and dental reports and documentation via Electronic Health Records (EHR), and Electronic Dental Records (EDR) systems.
- Prints or copies patient records.
- Follows medical records policies and procedures.
- Documents activities in patient charts.
- Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, please refer to the policy on Job Descriptions for details that apply to every position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical records categories and familiarity with medical reports or documents.
- Skill in English grammar and spelling.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to file and maintain patient records. Strong computer skills and data entry accuracy.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: Minimum of one-year medical office experience preferred
Medical terminology knowledge preferred