Grace Health is searching for experienced and/or certified Medical Assistants to join our growing team! We offer competitive wages based on experience and up to 3 weeks of PTO in the first year! 8-hour and 10-hour shifts available, along with having weekends and holidays off!
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list is not all inclusive.)
- Obtains accurate patient data
- Documents in the medical record
- Prepares exam rooms and procedure rooms
- Assists provider during exams and procedures
- Administers medications, per written order
- Provides educational materials to patient/family
- Provides explanation of lab results, diagnostic testing results and provider orders to patient/family
- Assists with cleaning and stocking of exam rooms and suites
- Performs CLIA waived testing
- General office duties, as assigned
- Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, please refer to the policy on Job Descriptions for details that apply to every position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of ambulatory patient care.
- Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical equipment commonly used in ambulatory care.
- Skill in the technical aspects of care.
- Skill in the use of technology related to patient care and documentation of patient care.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the patient, family and coworkers.
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve.
Education: Minimum of High school diploma or GED, Prefer graduation from an accredited medical assisting program
Experience & Certification: One year of work experience in a medical office setting and/or certification as medical assistant required, Current BCLS certification and experience in pediatric primary care preferred