Grace Health is looking for a customer service minded employee to work full time in the Medical Records Department.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not be all inclusive.)
1. Scans, indexes and electronically distributes medical and dental reports and documentation via Electronic Health Records (EHR), and Electronic Dental Records (EDR) systems.
2. Receives incoming faxes and distributes or indexes them in accordance with established procedures.
3. Handles requests for release of medical information in accordance with established guidelines.
4. Prints or copies patient records.
5. Answers telephone, takes messages, and gives routine information in accordance with established procedures.
6. Follows medical records policies and procedures.
7. Documents activities in patient charts.
8. Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, please refer to the policy on Job Descriptions for details that apply to every position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of medical records categories and familiarity with medical reports or documents.
• Skill in English grammar and spelling.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with staff.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Ability to file and maintain patient records. Strong computer skills and data entry accuracy.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: Minimum of one year medical office experience preferred
Medical terminology knowledge preferred