Grace Health is looking for an outgoing individual seeking casual employment. This individual will help slow the spread of COVID-19, by administering the COVID-19 vaccine to area residents. Working hours will typically fall within the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday, with the possibility of occasional evening or weekend work.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not be all inclusive.)
- Responsible for COVID-19 vaccine administration.
- Performs various activities in support of patient care staff, as assigned, including monitoring of patients for adverse reactions post-vaccination.
- May perform technical skills for patients, such as obtaining vital signs. Assists in unit operational support tasks or duties.
- Restocks supplies and retrieves equipment as directed by patient care staff.
- Communicates with patients while protecting their confidential health information according to HIPAA.
- Continuously shows the ability to work well with other co-workers and supports all functions as requested and required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of ambulatory patient care.
- Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical equipment commonly used in ambulatory care.
- Skill in the technical aspects of care.
- Skill in the use of technology related to patient care and documentation of patient care.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the patient, family and coworkers.
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve.
Education: Minimum of High school diploma or equivalent required AND one or more of the following:
- Currently enrolled in an Accredited School of Nursing and have completed Fundamentals of Nursing course
- Active CNA license in appropriate state
- EMT or Paramedic license
- Recent PCA, PCT, or Medical Assistant experience
- LPN license
- RN license
- Other certification which allows vaccination (Preferred)
Experience: One year of work experience in healthcare setting required.
Certificate/License: Current BCLS certification preferred