$64,800 base (adjusted per experience)
Grace Health is a growing Federally Qualified Health Center providing a wide range of medical services to those in Battle Creek and the surrounding areas. Our mission is to provide Patient-Centered Healthcare with Excellence in Quality, Service and Access. Grace Health is seeking an energetic and organized individual to join our purchasing team. Grace Health offers a competitive wage, an extensive benefits package, and a sign on bonus!
BASIC JOB PURPOSE: Oversee and direct the activities of the purchasing department including performing purchasing functions. Manages daily operations of facilities team in conjunction with Director of Facilities.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Director of Facilities
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Manages and supervises Facilities and Purchasing department staff.
lease note, the Flu and COVID-19 vaccines are minimum work requirements at Grace Health.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not be all inclusive.)
1. Meet regularly with the Director of Facilities to discuss special needs, problems, and assignments.
2. Communicates project and daily operations (equipment repair, backorders, etc.) updates to management and staff.
3. Collaborates with other departments and leadership to identify and develop needs and requirements for equipment, materials, products, and acceptable substitutions.
4. Manages staff PTO requests and arranges coverage.
5. Budget adherence and cost-saving ideas
6. Interviews vendors, secure bids, selects suppliers, places orders on all types of materials, equipment and service, and acts as a liaison for contracted entities such as housekeeping and landscaping services.
7. Develops multiple sources of supplies (and services).
8. Expedites orders as required to meet Grace Health’s needs. (Seeks alternative sources, as necessary.)
9. Maintains and/or implements purchasing and recordkeeping systems.
10. When applicable, reviews and negotiates purchasing contracts.
11. Monitors departments to prevent unnecessary or inefficient stockpiling of supplies.
12. Manages current inventory and monitors for accuracy.
13. Assesses current material availability; reasonably predicts future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables.
14. Prepares and approves purchase orders and requisitions for materials, supplies, and equipment.
15. Resolves grievances with vendors, contractors, and suppliers.
16. Coordinate’s removal or disposal of surplus materials.
17. Assists with management and cost tracking of special facilities projects.
18. Assures proper conditions for storage of vaccines and medications.
19. Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, please refer to the policy on Job Descriptions for details that apply to every position.