Grace Health is looking for a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner to join our growing team! This individual will provide primary and/or urgent health care to pediatric patients following established standards and practices. Master of Science in Nursing or doctorate in Nursing required and must have clinical specialty within patient population served. Three years of experience preferred. Please note, the Flu and COVID-19 vaccines are minimum work requirements at Grace Health.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not be all inclusive.)
- Provides healthcare and health management of ambulatory pediatric population.
- Provides direct patient care, case management, consultation and collaboration with other team members in the provision of health care at Grace Health within the scope of their specialty.
- Conducts medical practice utilizing ancillary and pharmacy services with appropriate cost effectiveness when appropriate.
- Assesses the patient’s and family’s psychosocial, emotional, physiological, and environmental needs and priorities.
- Collaborates with nursing, medical or other staff for comprehensive interdisciplinary management of care or referral. Such collaboration includes initiating health care team conferences.
- Assumes leadership and patient advocacy roles for coordinating and communicating patient problems and needs to appropriate health care team members.
- Offers training and educational materials to individuals, families or groups in health prevention, promotion and maintenance.
- Participates in the promotion of educational settings and experiences for the practice of nursing and health related fields.
- Participates in quality improvement activities including development of standards of care and protocols, which may include literature review, development of standards of care/protocols, chart reviews, data analysis, and action plans.
- Provides the highest quality nursing care through the utilization or conduction of research in nursing practice, standard setting, evaluation of care and outcomes, and continuing professional education.
- Enhances professional and clinical expertise through appropriate educational activities.
- Participates actively in efforts to enhance the role of the PNP and FHC in all aspects of patient, community, professional relations. (Ex: ANA, Health Policy, etc.)
- Participates in the recruitment, orientation and retention of all medical practitioners as indicated.
- Participates in peer review activities.
- Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, please refer to the policy on Job Descriptions for details that apply to every position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practice, and medical care to provide and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, and procedures to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care.
- Skill in taking medical history to assess medical condition and interpret findings.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence.
- Skill in developing and maintaining department quality improvement.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the general public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines/procedures relevant to medical practice in a FQHC.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
NP Education: Master of Science in Nursing and successful completion of an accredited nurse practitioner program in practice specialty.
PA Education: Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program and eligible for or currently certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
Experience: Three years of clinical nursing experience preferred