Are you looking for a career in Health Care? Join Grace Health as a Dental Receptionist! You will have frequent contact with patients and their families. Work may be stressful at times - interaction with others is constant and interruptive. If you enjoy the fast-paced environment, apply now and earn up to 3 weeks of PTO in the first year!
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not be all inclusive.)
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, helpful manner.
- Checks in patients, verifies and updates demographic and other information in the dental record.
- Maintains computer appointment schedule and follows office scheduling policies.
- Answers telephone, screens calls.
- Screens visitors and responds to routine requests for information.
- Maintains work area and waiting area in neat and orderly manner.
- Acquires current Medicaid information or any other relevant billing information.
- Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, please refer to the policy on Job Descriptions for details that apply to every position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, and systems
- Knowledge of business office procedures along with operating a computer and copier
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to record patient information
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Skill in greeting patients and answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with patients, employees, and the public
Education: High school graduate or GED
Experience: One year work experience, preferably in a medical organization