Grace Health is seeking an energetic and organized individual to join our team! This individual will perform purchasing functions, including ordering and expediting delivery of supplies, and equipment, distribution of supplies, and inventory control.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not be all inclusive.)
- Meets regularly with Director of Finance to discuss special needs, problems, and assignments. Handles the placement of orders to vendors.
- Handles the placement of orders to vendors.
- Develops multiple sources of supplies (and services).
- Delivers supplies to departments or individuals. Monitors departments to prevent unnecessary or inefficient stockpiling of supplies.
- Expedites orders as required to meet Grace Health needs. (Seeks alternative sources as necessary.)
- Tracks back orders.
- Receives and inspects goods. Verifies quality and quantity. Contacts vendors about any incorrect shipments, discrepancies, or replacement needs.
- Monitors current inventory. Updates records using computer system.
- Keeps storeroom orderly and clean. Rotates stock for timely usage.
- Follows security procedures for storeroom area. Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, please refer to the policy on Job Descriptions for details that apply to every position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
- Knowledge of purchasing practices (including bidding, financing, accounting, and contracts).
- Knowledge of inventory systems.
- Knowledge of computer applications.
- Skill in cost-effective procurement of materials.
- Skill in gathering, analyzing, and evaluating data.
- Skill in written and verbal communication.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and vendors.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to perform simple computations, and compare or copy words and numbers accurately.
- Ability to work as effective team member and exhibit a positive attitude.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and monitor project work.
- Ability to drive a truck with trailer.
Education: High school diploma or GED. Associate degree in business-related field preferred.
Experience: Material management experience preferred. Prefer purchasing experience in a healthcare setting.Certificate/License:
Valid state driver’s license