Dental professional desired with positive attitude and exceptional work ethic to join a growing community health center with a multi-disciplinary team and collaborative atmosphere. This position requires DDS/DMD and valid Michigan license. New graduates are welcome to apply.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not be all inclusive.)
- Manages total patient care to remove or minimize symptoms, or to minimize progression of chronic and disabling conditions through appropriate diagnosis, treatment and referrals.
- May participate in community education functions.
- May assist community health groups in a dental advisory capacity.
- Keeps neat and accurate records of patient care.
- Judiciously uses X-ray and prescription functions
- Involved in the review, revision, development, and implementation of dental protocols (and related dental practice policies and procedures as needed)
- Ability to render clinical leadership to clinical dental staff
- Use of communication tools and modes, including written documents.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations. Attends conferences and workshops.
- Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, please refer to the policy on Job Descriptions for details that apply to every position.
- Participates in quality improvement activities which may include literature review, development of standards of care/protocols, chart reviews, data analysis, and action plans.
- Participates in peer review activities.
- Participates in the recruitment of new providers as indicated.
- Consults for and collaborates with dental hygienists for patient care when indicated.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of dentistry and dental practices and procedures
- Considerable knowledge of drugs and medicines
- Thorough knowledge of sterile technique and infection control
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to make independent judgment and decisions
- Excellent written skills
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of dentistry
Experience: Two years of experience preferred
Certificate/License: Current Michigan License, Current Controlled Substances Certificate, Current DEA certificate, Current BCLS certification