Grace Health is looking for a creative Individual with IT experience and education to join our team! This person will act as a liaison between the information services and technology department and internal Grace Health department. The position is full-time and on-site at our Battle Creek, MI location.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not be all inclusive.)
1. Coordinates, develops, and facilitates education, training, testing, implementation, and maintenance of new information systems. Assists departments with upgrades and other system changes
2. Assists departments in creating and evaluating processes for the most efficient use of the system and organization resources. Recommends changes in departments to maximize efficiency. Utilizes resources such as vendors, peers in other facilities, etc. to gain a pool of ideas and solutions to problems.
3. Plans, schedules and conducts new hire and on-going training in individual or small group settings, develops checklists by role and creates training tools and documents.
4. Reviews charting and provides input following completion of training; reports to trainee’s manager/director during all stages of training and chart reviewing.
5. Develops topics for on-going training based on chart review, input from management and users. Provides training on upgrades and new NextGen applications.
6. Coordinates with other departments and technology resources for adding and departing information system user account configuration. Maximizes total systems integration, verifying that changes which may impact departments are effectively communicated and issues resolved in a multi-disciplinary approach.
7. Tests new functionality in non-production environments.
8. Actively monitors and resolves support tickets for information systems. Assists departments with problem-solving, configuration, and customization, within the information systems.
9. Increases knowledge of NextGen functions and best practices for IT and staff training through self-study and participation in educational offerings. Becomes an effective resource by actively increasing knowledge of departments outside of assigned areas. Actively increases knowledge of resources and issues affecting the assigned departments. Actively participates in NextGen workgroup meetings and projects.
10. Performs basic NextGen system configuration and customization, problem-solves and communicates regarding NextGen issues.
11. Adheres to Grace Health policies.
12. Maintains patient confidentiality and treats patients, families, and staff with respect and dignity.
13. Performs other related duties and projects as assigned or requested.
14. Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, please refer to the policy on Job Descriptions for details that apply to every position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in information systems preferred. College education required.
Experience: Two years of experience in word processing and spreadsheets is required. Two years of experience in a medical setting required in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.