Seeking Licensed Practical Nurses to join our team. This position assists the multi-disciplinary team as it relates to clinical services provided to the patient population.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list is not all inclusive.)
- Collection of data related to the patient / family’s health, pain, nutritional, psychosocial, behavioral, cultural, age specific and learning needs.
- Promotion of preventive health care.
- Referral to Healthcare Advocates or community resources when appropriate.
- Uses principles of learning to participate in education with the patient and family.
- Advocates for the rights of the patient and family.
- Safely administers medication and treatments per standard of care.
- Communicates with patients / family about the plan of care.
- Provides care using principles of telephone nursing practice.
- Anticipates needs of the provider.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of the exam room, procedure rooms and other clinical work areas.
- Performs CLIA waived testing.
- Participates in professional learning experiences.
- Maintains required licensure.
- Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, please refer to the policy on Job Descriptions for details that apply to every position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory.
- Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical equipment.
- Skill in the technical aspects of care.
- Skill in the use of technology related to patient care and the documentation of patient care.
- Ability to accurately collect data related to the needs of the patient / family in person and over the phone.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the patient, family and coworkers.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to collect information from multiple sources.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Experience: One year of professional nursing experience in ambulatory care preferred
Certificate/License: Current Licensed Practical Nurse license in the State of Michigan. Current BCLS certification.