We are searching for a motivated individual that is eager to assist patients, Grace Health staff and other healthcare agencies with referrals and appointments!
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not be all inclusive.)
1. Manages flow of telephone calls and voice mail messages.
2. Schedules diagnostic testing and processes referrals per medical order.
3. Obtains prior authorizations per insurance requirements for designated testing.
4. Manages and tracks tests and referrals until scheduled.
5. Educates patients and staff about managed care.
6. Communicates with patients, Grace Health staff, and other offices or health care agencies regarding referrals and appointments.
7. Documents appropriate information in the medical record.
8. Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, please refer to the policy on Job Descriptions for details that apply to every position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of organization policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of managed care theory and practical applications.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Knowledge of computer programs relevant to managed care.
• Knowledge of clinical workflow.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to prioritize work and problem solve multiple tasks.
• Able to use various computer programs and office equipment.
• Ability to work well independently and to function as a valuable team member .
Education: Completion of high school diploma or equivalent
Experience: minimum one year in a health care setting