Grace Health is looking for a Family Practice Physician to join our growing team! This individual will provide direct patient care, case management, consultation and collaboration with other team members in the provision of health care at Grace Health within the scope of their specialty.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not be all inclusive.)
- Provides leadership and direction of family practice medical services.
- Provides medical back-up for other advance practice nurses.
- Provides direct patient care, case management, consultation and collaboration with other team members in the provision of health care at Grace Health within the scope of their specialty.
- Conducts medical practice utilizing ancillary and pharmacy services with appropriate cost effectiveness when appropriate.
- Ensures continuity of care by sharing in providing after hours emergency call coverage, attending medical staff and family practice department meetings and scheduling medical practitioners for coverage.
- Maintains professional association with the hospital medical staff, promoting Grace Health programs on both a group and individual basis.
- Participates in the continuing development of nurse practitioners and medical staff through the provision of in service and other training opportunities as indicated.
- Participates in the promotion of educational settings and experiences for the practice of medicine, nursing and health related fields.
- Participates in quality improvement activities which may include literature review, development of standards of care/protocols, chart reviews, data analysis, and action plans.
- Participates in the recruitment, orientation and retention of all medical practitioners as indicated.
- Participates in peer review activities.
- Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, please refer to the policy on Job Descriptions for details that apply to every position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of professional medical theory, practice, and medical care to provide and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, and procedures to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional medicine to provide ongoing patient care.
- Skill in taking medical history to assess medical condition and interpret findings.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence.
- Skill in developing and maintaining department quality improvement.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the general public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines/procedures relevant to medical practice in a FQHC.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of medicine (MD, DO or equivalent medical degree from a non-US medical school), Completion of an accredited MD or DO residency in Family Practice medicine preferred
Experience: Three years of experience in area of specialty preferred
Hospital Privileges: Privileges in Family Practice at Bronson Battle Creek Hospital
Certificate/Licenses: Current Michigan Medical license, Board Certified or Board eligible with timely progress to certification, Current Controlled Substance License, Current DEA Certificate, Current BCLS certification